Sunday, December 25, 2011

I Can Be a Feminist and A Sex Lover

I consider myself a New Age feminist. I'm all for the Lilith thing. But my mother always taught me that the American idea of "Feminist" ruined the beauty, and sexuality hidden within femininity. I actually once got hate mail on a forum in response to an erotic story I wrote. (Aside- Perhaps I'll post some of my stories sometime, huh?) Evidently, the woman found my "crude, and vial image of women as sex  objects" to be offensive. If God wanted females to be dominant during sex, he would have built our bodies to do so!
What honestly amazes me, though, are the hoards of women who are quick to praise Lilith but don't fully understand the mythology behind her. (Aside- For those of you who don't know, Lilith was the first woman God made. Yes, before Eve.) She refused to lay idle beneath Adam during sex, and when he would not let her be on top, she flew away. According to myth she became a baby eating demon, who gives men wet dreams, and then steals their semen to impregnate herself. Lilith's true claim to fame, though, was he use of her sexuality. Both Lilith, and Hekate, two Goddesses, were the saints to those society shunned. They gave sanctuary to prostitutes, and even loured men back to their prostitutes.
Being a feminist is not about being "butch" or a nonconformist, it's about truly knowing your worth as a female, and treasuring your femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment